Purchasing from us could hardly be easier. We've been shipping mail-orders since 1983. Your steps to success are as follows:
1. $99.99 worth of Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends products made by Learning Curve International, Inc. (non-sale items)
Now with On-Line Ordering!
Our site now includes On-Line Ordering for your shopping pleasure. Now you can place orders around the clock! Here's a few frequently asked questions.
1. How soon will I receive the items ordered? Items in stock are shipped via UPS within 24-48 hours of order placement, if not the same day! Orders placed on Friday are usually shipped out Monday via UPS. U.S. Mail and Airmail are sent out on a weekly basis on Fridays. UPS is our preferred shipping method for quickest service and delivery.
1.a. I'm hesitant to use my charge even though the Shopping Cart is secure. Any options? You can always phone us with your charge information and place the order at a different time. We also now accept Paypal and can send you an invoice for the proper amount via Paypal. Additionally, we retain your personal information so that you don't need to re-send your charge info. with each order. Just enter 4444-4444-4444-4444 etc. for your charge info and in the "Comments" put a note, "charge info on file".
1.b. How do I cancel my order? Once an order has been placed, it is processed in a timely manner. If you decide to cancel your order, you must contact us as soon as possible via email or phone (610-367-5925). If your order has already been processed but hasn't been shipped yet, we will refund all costs EXCEPT a $12.00 handling charge. If it has already shipped it then is handled as a "return" per our return policy below.
1.c. What happens if an item(s) is out of stock? In MANY cases our website indicates whether an item is in stock. While we attempt to keep all items in stock, some items are listed prior to their manufacture and others can end up being on backorder at our suppliers. We normally ship the available items ASAP and the backordered items when they become available. Backorder shipments incur a $12 S&H charge. To request "no backorders" (we would ship what IS available ASAP but not backorder any missing items) or "ship only if complete" (we would only ship if ALL items are available to ship but contact the customer if ANY item is not shippable) or some other special care, make an entry in "Comments" at the time of checkout. From past experience, verify your comments are CLEAR to avoid any misunderstandings.
2. How long does UPS take to deliver them to me? UPS delivers the next business day in most of NY, PA, DE, MD and NJ. The second day reaches out to OH, most of New England, as far south as NC and east to OH. Day 3 reaches as far west as IL and south to FL. South Florida takes 3-4 days and the west coast takes 6-7 UPS Business Days. NOTE: These are just "estimates" based on years of experience.
2.a. New FREE Service! When you furnish us with your email address when ordering, we automatically send you an email letting you know when we shipped (via UPS only), when delivery can be expected and the UPS tracking number for your shipment. UPS is the shipped of choice in the lower 48 states and Alaska.
3. Can I accelerate the shipment to 3 Day Select, 2nd Day Air, Next Day Air or have Saturday UPS Delivery? YES! We charge the UPS cost. When shipping by AIR, try to avoid excessive shipping costs caused by not ordering physically large items such as wrapping paper in rolls (use flat sheets) or large products with little weight such as the Schylling Pail. UPS also charges by "Dimensional Weight (DW)" meaning that although the package only weighs 4 pounds, large light items may result in a DW of substantially higher shipping cost.
4. What is your return policy? See our return policy below.
5. The cart indicates an "normal" shipping and handling charge of $12. Will I be charged shipping? YES, unless you have "earned" FREE SHIPPING as outlined above. The cart just defaults to $12 shipping and handling cost. A note placed in "COMMENTS" when checking out can alert us to your questions or concerns. Normal UPS shipping in the lower 48 states is $12 UPS/USPS.
6. How do I tell you that our order needs "Special Handling" of some sort? A note placed in "COMMENTS" when checking out can alert us to your questions or concerns.
7. What is the "10% REBATE" all about and how do I use the 10% REBATE COUPON printed on ALL Toy Invoices? When you receive a Toy/Thomas invoice from us, it has a coupon on it with a calculated value of 10% of the shipped amount and it can be used on an order with a calculated minimum value placed within 6 months. A note placed in "COMMENTS" when checking out can be used to request the application of your 10% REBATE COUPON. An example of the REBATE COUPON:
8. I didn't receive an email confirming my order. You order may not have been completed properly or a pause (total inactivity) in excess of 20 minutes caused your order to be removed from the system. You also may have entered your email address incorrectly. Try placing the order again and place a request in "Comments" to have us check for order duplication.
9. I have MORE questions you haven't even thought of yet! Drop us an email or call us if necessary!
More specific information is contained in "OUR TERMS"
below where clarification might be needed.
Return to Modellbahn Ott Home Page
1. We accept VISA (and their related "Debit Cards"), MasterCard (and their related "Debit Cards"), DISCOVER, and Money Orders and NOW PAYPAL, BUT during the busy holiday season from November 1st through January 15th, we cannot accept MONEY ORDERS (Charges ONLY). To pay via Paypal, simply enter PAYPAL as your charge card when checking out on-line. You can also request Paypal in the "Comments" section when checking out. We will then send you an invoice via Paypal for payment.
FOREIGN Orders: The billing address for the charge card AND the EXACT name as it appears on the account MUST be furnished at the time of order placement. Verification is necessary for a growing list of foreign locations. We DO NOT accept orders from Indonesia, Singapore and Nigeria. (other questionable countries are also in that list!)
We no longer accept personal checks**. Shipments to PA addresses incur 6% sales tax. ALL orders are shipped PREPAID. (NO PURCHASE ORDERS) Payment should be made to "Modellbahn Ott Hobbies" and Money Orders (ONLY) can be mailed to us at:Modellbahn Ott Hobbies, Inc. 1100 Grosser Rd. Gilbertsville, PA 19525
**A fraudulent thanks to Jeffrey P. Lyons, The Colony, TX $586.34 and the Michael J. Harvey/Barbara A. Reinhold "Team", Wauwatosa,WI $468.98
Customers are responsible for a $3.00 notification charge when charges are DECLINED. No charges are processed until your items are ready for shipment. "In Store" pricing may vary from "Internet Pricing."
2. Shipping charges: (continental U.S.) UPS shipments, including backorder shipments are charged $12.00 PER SHIPMENT (NOT per item). No COD's.. Shipping via U.S. Mail or outside the continental U.S.: Actual charges ($12.00 min.). Out-of-stock items are automatically backordered and shipped as they become available. Next Day, 2nd Day and 3-Day Select Air UPS available. If we are charged for an address correction due to the customer-furnished information, that charge will be paid by the customer. (That UPS COA fee was $10 in 2011) Enter your UPS address accurately!
For Airmail shipping outside the USA, you can estimate your cost at: http://ircalc.usps.gov/
A. FREE UPS* Ground Shipping can be earned on several of the Toy Product lines that we sell. FREE UPS Shipping is only available within the continental USA. When we ship over $99.99** worth of certain special items, WE absorb the shipping costs! FREE Shipping should be specifically requested by the customer at the time of order placement when it has been "earned." Once FREE Shipping has been "earned", ALL products in that shipment will be shipped for FREE. Currently, you can combine the shipped amounts of the following products to "earn" FREE Shipping:
1. When $99.99 of Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends DISCOUNTED Wooden Railway products made by Learning Curve International, Inc. are shipped. (except where specifically noted) (non-sale items)
2. BRIO Toys - with BRIO now Clearance Priced at a 30% Discount, FREE Shipping can no longer be earned but 10% Rebate Coupons are still included in the shipment. (except where specifically noted)
3. When reserving or preordering new items not yet released, please use a charge card as no charges are processed until your items are ready for shipment. Preorders (w/extra discounts) will be accepted until our advertised deadline. Reservations which require the customer to be notified prior to shipment will be charged $3.00 to cover phone notification even if a purchase is NOT made.
4. For information, checking on an order or backorder phone (610) 367-5925. Orders can also be faxed to us at (610) 367-2967.
5. Prices are subject to change without notice. Newsletter prices are superceded by those found on the web site as suppliers often change pricing during the year. Backordered and reserved items are shipped at our prices prevailing at the time of shipment. We are not responsible for typographical errors.
6. Normal store hours are Monday-Thursday 11-8, Friday 11-9, Saturday 10-8 and Sunday - "Seasonal" - CALL First! (but typically 12-5) Closed on some Holidays.
7. Labor for digitalization of Märklin locomotives is generally $50.00. Quotes for specific locomotives by request. Installation of a Delta decoder in Märklin locomotives is $50.00. NOTE: Decoders shipped to customers carry NO WARRANTY. Warranty is available ONLY when the decoder is installed by Märklin, Inc. or us prior to delivery to the customer.
8. RETURN POLICY: (details are found below this abbreviated list)
- 30 day return privileges
- We MUST be notified prior to return for RETURN AUTHORIZATION or the return will be not be credited.
- 20% Restock fee
- Returns resulting in less than our minimum order WILL be adjusted to meet minimum order requirements.
30 day return privileges based on the date of the invoice. Items MUST be UNOPENED/UN-USED and in the same condition in which they were shipped. (SPECIAL ORDER/SPECIAL OFFER/USED items excluded) Approved returns MUST be shipped back to us BEFORE the 30 day policy expires. (30 days after shipment FROM us) This policy also applies to shipments "Refused" at their destination. No returns after 30 days, EXCEPT that Christmas Gift Purchases made during the period from November 1st through December 5th are treated as "sold" on December 5th for return purposes with a deadline of January 5th.
A restocking fee of 20% is charged on all returns plus shipping and handling costs.
NO EXCEPTIONS. Items returned in violation of these requirements WILL NOT be creditted and NO NOTIFICATION will be made. Contact us prior to shipment for required authorization.